Feb 08, 2023
This 100% online program is designed to prepare candidates to step to the higher education forefront and make an impact on the student community. Candidates will learn about campus culture, college students, and fiscal management while concurrently practicing the skills to teach, practice, and apply principles of creative problem solving, conflict resolution, leadership and ethics.
A minimum of 36 credit hours: 15 credit hours of core courses, 15 credit hours in Higher Education Leadership courses and six credit hours of electives.
Higher Education Leadership Courses
Two of the following:
Higher Education Leadership students are required to attend at least two of the Speaker series events offered on campus or virtually. These Speakers Series events educate our Higher Education professionals about a number of relevant, current topics in higher education. Students are encouraged to attend the series in person but they will be live-streamed for the convenience of our online students. Potential topics include:
- Board of Trustees: Their roles and responsibilities
- Social Listening to Advance Enrollment and Fundraising
- Free of Speech on Campus o Starting a Social Media Student Champion Group o University Shootings: Prevention Strategies
- The Adjunct Professor
- Maximizing Prof. Learning Communities
- Powerful Alumni Engagement
- Leading Strategic Change in Academic Institutions
- University/Colleges and Community Collaborations
- Excelling as an Assistant/Associate Dean
- Open Education Resources o Dreamers and Higher Ed
- Competency Based Education
- Disruptive Practices in Higher Ed
- The Role of the University in a Changing World
- Trauma-Informed Practices
- Leadership and Character
- Panel Presentation
Higher Education Leadership students are also welcome to come to our Leadership Conference.